Thunder Tiger - Pro 28BX-R w/Slide Carb
Product No. 9473
Designed to achieve the easiest operation and max performance over & over, the new PRO-28BD-R delivers an awesome raw power & durability! The new webbed reinforced compact crankcase is made for added wearing resistance and provides effective heat dispersion for longer runs.
All PRO series engines are manufactured by automated computer-controlled machinery, using the highest quality materials and state-of-the-art CNC manufacturing techniques to deliver a powerplant that looks and performs better. Precision mixture control carburetor makes adjustments simple, the crankshaft is lightened, and balanced to achieve a smoother and more efficient fuel mixture. The new 28 engine fits in the same mounting as the original .21/.28 engines, with no additional weight - but delivers greater output and higher practical rpm.
The Pro-28BD-R is equipped with a built-in dual hexagonal & recoil start ("D" type) for easy and quick start.
A Closer Look
- Rear exhaust
- ABC construction: Aluminum piston with Cr-plated brass cylinder liner.
- Hypereutectic machined Al-Si ringed piston.
- High-strength connecting rod with bushings pre-installed.
- SG crankshaft.
- One-piece crankcase with squared-off cooling fins.
- Dual ball bearing-supported crankshaft.
- Machined over-sized heat sink head.
- Built-in pull starting backplate.
- Three-needle valves slide valve carburetor.
- State-of-the-art CNC machined components.
- Displacement: 0.282 cu in (4.63 cc)
- Bore: 0.720 in (18.3 mm)
- Stroke: 0.693 in (17.6 mm)
- Practical RPM: 3,000 - 35,000
- Output: 2.40 HP @ 30,000 rpm
- Weight: 17.28 oz (490 g)